The quest continues! While I absolutely loved the results from my first attempt (Part I), I’m ready to try a second technique to achieve pouty plump lips. Today I’m working with a DIY lip scrub, and the things you’ll need are:
- A small dish
- cinnamon powder
- old tooth brush (with firm bristles)
- a spatula or mixing tool
- your favourite lip balm
Let’s get started!
- In a small dish, pour a teaspoon (or a heap…if you are like me and don’t measure anything) of cinnamon.
- Choose your favourite lip balm. I’m choosing Nivea Essential lip balm…of course!
- With a small spatula, or whatever mixing tool you have (fingers included), add some of your lip balm to the cinnamon and mix together until well combined, and resembling a brown paste.
- Take your old, firm bristled tooth brush, coat it in your paste, and begin applying it to your lips! Be very gentle during this process, and scrub in a circular motion for several minutes. You should begin to feel a tingly sensation. It should not burn or hurt, but it may feel a little spicy on your lips.
- With a paper towel, wipe away your scrub to reveal plumper lips!
The paste, or scrub, you created in conjunction with the toothbrush bristles exfoliating the lips will promote blood flow and slightly swell your lips, making them plumper and fuller. I am actually really happy with my results, and this method should have the plumping affect on your lips for a good 2 to 3 hours!
What do you think? Do my lips look fuller and plump? Comment down below and let me know!
As always, thank you for reading! Be sure to like, share and follow before you go.